Merchandising Corporation of America (“MCA”) provides third-party retail merchandising services to consumer products companies in the mass merchant, specialty, dollar, supermarket, drug store, convenience store and other retail channels.
- The founder and CEO had built MCA to the point where the Company needed a strategic partner / investor. He was seeking partial to full liquidity of his ownership position.
- The CEO was key to MCA’s historical growth, vision, and key customer relationships, yet wanted to step away from the business within a reasonably short period of time
- A single retailer within the dollar store retail channel was the primary servicing focus for many of its customers
- Anderson LeNeave contacted a focused group of strategic buyers, including publicly-held, privately owned and private equity backed companies
- MCA was sold to Driveline Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Lake Capital