University of Virginia
Masters of Business
University of North Carolina
– Chapel Hill
Kenan Flagler Business School
Bachelor of Science, 1976
Phi Beta Kappa Society
Beta Gamma Sigma Society
Jim is a native of Charlotte and has lived in the southeast his entire life. He is married to Cambey and has two grown children and two grandchildren. He competes in senior golf events, is a big sports fan and enjoys giving back to his community through his involvement in several non-profit organizations.
||6000 Fairview Road, Suite 625,
Charlotte, North Carolina 28210
Mr. Gallagher has been a financial services executive throughout his career with significant leadership, management and production roles. Jim joined the Anderson LeNeave team in 2009 He advises clients on merger and acquisition transaction as well as capital formation, acquisition financing and recapitalization and growth strategy
Having worked with the owners of many middle market companies throughout his career, Jim understands the issues involved in developing a successful exit strategy for a business owner. In addition to maximizing valuation of the business, other key issues include developing management succession plans and estate and wealth management plans.
Experience Prior to Anderson LeNeave & Co.
- Heritage Capital Group – Principal in merger and acquisition advisory group based in Jacksonville, Florida
- Bank of America – Various leadership roles throughout a 25 year career, including Southeast Region President of Private Bank and Wealth Management Group. Responsible for 500 associates in 35 offices, $450 million in revenue and $30 billion in assets under management
- Previous roles included investment banking, capital markets and fixed income sales and trading
Memberships & Organizations
- Charlotte Family Housing – Board Vice Chairman & Volunteer
- Crossroads Corporation – volunteer and tutor working with middle school students in economically challenged Grier Heights neighborhood